Mission of Charitable fund "Diakonia" is support of Christian social service; care and support for people with drug addiction, HIV infection and prevention of these phenomena in the society by forming the spiritual and moral values, based on the principles of the Christian outlooks.
Charitable fund "Diakonia" has been caring out its work since 2008 in following areas:
• help for people suffering from drug and alcohol addiction, and their families through rehabilitation and social integration;
• assist the homeless - the "Bus of Mercy" program;
• counteraction to HIV-AIDS epidemic, help for people living with HIV;
• Primary prevention of HIV infection and deviant behavior among young people, based on spiritual and moral values;
• Inter-confessional and inter-sectoral collaboration.
We are engaged in improvement of professional skills of social sphere professionals within the framework of inter-confessional cooperation. About 600 people have passed through the rehabilitation program over these years, more than 400 currently remain free from chemical addiction. Over the past four years we have created a unique for Russia four-stage system of rehabilitation, due to which the number of patients with stable remission increased to 80%. It is a perfect result for such a complex disease as an addiction.
After completing a year-long course of rehabilitation in centers and special adaptation homes, students obtain jobs, restore social ties, attend anonymous drug addicts groups, change their lifestyles, and the majority seeks to create a family. Every day from 30 to 50 people get help in the "Bus of Mercy". Besides the hot lunch, clean clothes and consultation of the social worker, anyone in need can get HIV tested, obtain information on infectious diseases, as well as a referral to medical and social institutions.
Source of information: http://diaconiafond.ru/diaconia/
Каждый будний день в центре Санкт-Петербурга любой нуждающийся может получить горячий ужин, чистую одежду, направление в медицинские учреждения, информацию по вопросам участия в реабилитационных программах, а также консультацию социального работника. Ежедневно 30–40 человек получают необходимую им помощь.
- комплексная (психологическая, социальная, профессионально-трудовая, семейная, бытовая) реабилитация и адаптация;
- разработка методологии реабилитации наркозависимых при православных приходах;