Social partnership of the state, society and business in order to solve the problems of social orphanhood, child neglect and juvenile offences in the regions where the company of “Severstal” has its offices.
The social non-profit charity “Doroga k domu” (“Way home”) was founded on the 18th of February 2005 by the open-stock company “Severstal” in the name of A.A.Mordashova (the general director of “Severstal”) and non-profit partnership “Interagency help service for children and youth” to achieve the following objectives:
- social support and protection of children and family values;
- promotion of the role of family values in our society;
- protection of motherhood, childhood and paternity.
The charity covers the expenses of the program “Way home”.
“Way home” provides social and psychological support for children, parents, families with children: free-of-charge consulting by psychologists, lawyers, social and medical experts the expenses for which are covered by “Severstal” donations, grants-in-aid from the Government of the Russian Federation and Russian grants.
Target audience - minors and their families which have no social protection, face difficult life situations or are in social danger as well as children who stay apart from their native parents.
The basic activities of the Program:
- prevention of children’s rights infringements;
- early prevention of child neglect and social orphanhood;
- creation and implementation of advanced social technologies;
- rehabilitation of families (with minors) which are in social danger, face difficult life situations or a family crisis;
- orphans adoption support.